Friday, October 29, 2010

Conestoga College Pumpkin Carving Champion 2010































It's true!! I won the pumpkin carving contest this year hosted by Conestoga Students Incorporated. I carved a more intricate version of my Justin Beiber inspired pumpkin carving. I had four hours to carve so I used the whole time! Complete with vines and flowers on the back side of the pumpkin. I was very pleased with the outcome.



































There's more! I also won the Conestoga College Bookstore pumpkin carving contest. I tried my hand at an aquatic theme. I think it is an angel fish but don't quote me on it (I know fruit; not fish!). This contest was different than the other one. We had time to take the pumpkin home and work on it. But I picked mine up late so I didn't have much time to work on it. I had a big sales midterm on the same day as the submission. 

















I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Again, thank you to all the friends, students, and faculty that voted for me. I could not have done it without you! I'm excited because I am now classified as an "Award Winning Fruit Carver". Look out world!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Kitchener / Waterloo, Ontario
I have been carving fruit in Kitchener, Ontario, for 5 years now and have done hundreds of exotic fruit platters. This is my portfolio following my life as a fruit carver. If you like what you see and are interested in having your own fruit platter, please contact me at tj.cushing@gmail.com. Thank you for browsing my blog and I hope you enjoy the photos.