Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Holidays

On December 19th I teamed up with an ex co-worker Earl Guthrie, owner of a newer local catering company, Meals With Panache, and did some fruit displays for a Holiday Party he was throwing. The food was amazing. Stuff like jerk chicken, ribs, meatballs, veg trays, cheese and crackers, and a smoked king fish. Earl out did himself this time. I had tons of fun working with him and his wife all day prepping and setting up for the party. We had at least 50 guests no doubt, and no one left hungry. Unlike most events I work for, this time I got to go to the party that my fruit was at and Party is certainly what I did!! Lets just say I felt a little rough when I woke up and had go to work for 9am. None the least it was a great success. I did two mirrors for this function and unfortunately only got photos of one of the two. The center peice for the hot food table. The other was a smaller table downstairs with only cold foods on it. Merry Christmas to all!























  




















2 comments:

  1. Dear TJ.
    Promise me you'll look into getting a booth at a Bridal show.
    I've been showing your blog to a couple people and the response has been fantastic. I've mentioned to them that I think you'd kill at a Bridal show and everyone has agreed.
    Do it TJ. Yer the best and this stuff is UNPARALLED.
    You've got something crazy-awesome going, so push it!

    Let me know if you ever need any help with anything.
    and come visit Toronto again soon, the 'zine party was much much too short of a time to see yer pretty face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work TJ! Glad you were able to attend one of the parties.

    xo
    - Ali

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Kitchener / Waterloo, Ontario
I have been carving fruit in Kitchener, Ontario, for 5 years now and have done hundreds of exotic fruit platters. This is my portfolio following my life as a fruit carver. If you like what you see and are interested in having your own fruit platter, please contact me at tj.cushing@gmail.com. Thank you for browsing my blog and I hope you enjoy the photos.